Sam G. Stathos
Sam has had the good fortune of representing clients throughout South Carolina in a variety of transactional and civil litigation matters. He has represented clients in transactions ranging from less than a hundred thousand dollars to deals of more than $40 million and he has had the privilege of being involved in the representation of plaintiffs in federal litigation that resulted in the largest healthcare settlement in the history of South Carolina.
Sam’s practice continues to focus on commercial and residential real estate matters, representing victims of significant personal injury, homeowners’ associations and businesses in contractual and civil litigation disputes. He also assists clients in the incorporation or organization of their companies and serves as counsel, so they can achieve their goals. Sam also helps clients with their estate planning and contested probate administration matters.
• Represented joint venture in the sale of multi-family apartment projects in excess of $78 million
• Represented a party in the acquisition of real property and $24 million construction loan of multi-family apartment project in Charleston County
• Represented sellers in the sale of medical office buildings for $19 million
• Represented party in coordination with qualified intermediary in a reverse 1031 exchange involving three transactions with a combined value in excess of $30 million in real property closings
• Represented purchaser in acquisition of real property from national healthcare company
• Represented purchaser in acquisition of property and development into medical office buildings
• Represented party in a work out of loans exceeding $9 million with national lender
• Assisted estate in the liquidation of over $1.2 million in real property assets
• Represented national builder in single family residential transactions
• Assisted in the representation of plaintiffs in federal litigation which ended with the largest healthcare settlement in the history of South Carolina
• Obtained a judgment in excess of $1,900,000.00 for injured party in a breach of contract matter
• Represented injured party in a premises liability matter which settled for $250,000.00
• Represented injured party in a motor vehicle accident which settled for $250,000.00
• Represented injured party in a premises liability matter which settled for $125,000.00
• South Carolina
• US District Court, District of South Carolina
• United States Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
• South Carolina
• Horry County
• University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, BA 1993
• University of Richmond School of Law, JD 1997
Although born in Greer, S.C., Sam considers himself a Myrtle Beach native since his family moved to the area while he was a toddler. After law school he had the privilege of working in private practice in Columbia, South Carolina prior to returning to the Grand Strand. Sam is married to Ashley Hogan Stathos, and together they have a daughter and son. Sam is also fluent in Greek.
Daniel L. Patrick
Born in Dayton, Ohio; admitted to bar, 1980, South Carolina; 1983, U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina.
Wright State University (B.A., summa cum laude, 1973; M.Ed., 1975);
University of South Carolina (J.D., cum laude, 1980).
Member, Society of Wig and Robe. Instructor, Criminal Law,
Horry-Georgetown Technical College, 1980.
Recipient, Key Man Award, Horry-Georgetown Homebuilders’ Association, 1986.
Grand Strand Chairman, United Way of Horry County, 1984.
Member: Horry County and American Bar Associations;
South Carolina Bar (Member: Real Estate Section; Lawyer/Physician Committee, 1995).
Homeowners Association Law; Construction Litigation; Health Care; Real Estate; Personal Injury.